For haiku, please visit Language Gallery. Thank you!

2007-03-29

>coconut meringue balls

Tasting menu at WD-50, course #8

>Squab breast, beets, sorrel, coconut pebbles

Cute little white meringue balls, dense and brittle, flavored with coconut.
Tasty tart sorrel leaves.


This was a delicious dish. I am saying that first because you will have to excuse me.

Sweet tubes of red beet and juicy squab breast happened to look like... like... (help)

They looked like pieces of doggie poop. (Sorry. Now I'll go and hide for a few minutes.)

Honestly, it was the first thing that came to mind. I hope I haven't ruined the appetite of future diners. Wunderkind Wylie Dufresne will have no trouble modifying this dish if he wants to. He knows what he's doing.

Here's a beautiful shot of the same dish by ranae heuer -->

Wine pairing
Shiraz "Billi Billi" Mount Langi Ghiran 2003 (Victoria, Australia)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |