A sweet and crunchy flower wonderful in salads. Should it be considered a vegetable? You notice its similarity to an artichoke, which, by the way, is also a flower.
>Banana flower salad - shredded grilled chicken, banana flower, pears, daikon, carrots, roasted shallots and basil - Bui, Berkeley, CA
>Banana blossom and artichoke salad, banana blossom with hearts of artichoke with or without prawn, toasted coconut and cashew nuts - Marnee Thai, San Francisco, CA
>Rice vermicelli with orange curry and braised salmon, baked shallot and banana blossom, Scallop 'ceviche' Peep styel with salad of spring onion, grilled banana, banana blossom, and mint cream - Peep, New York, NY
- ► 2009 (29)
- ► 2008 (34)
- >kung pao frog
- >kinmedai the Golden Eye
- >juniper marshmallow
- >baked decaf espresso almond chocolate soil
- >coconut meringue balls
- >hibiscus flower chips
- >a tube of noodle paste
- >deconstructed Reuben
- >water chestnut chips
- >foie gras "cereal"
- >shrimpy herby macaroons
- >kokotxa with anise hyssop, WD-50
- >Mirabelle and Southern Beauty
- >white chocolate granita
- >prunes from Agen, France
- >Italian parsley shoots
- >Araucana hen's blue egg
- >winter truffle vs. summer truffle
- >crosnes at Per Se
- >tairagi the fan shell, jumbo mussel, moon scallop...
- >lobster sashimi
- >matodai, the star of International Fish of Myste...
- >foie gras de canard vs. foie gras d'oie
- >banana blossom
- >flower pancakes
- ▼ March (29)