For haiku, please visit Language Gallery. Thank you!

2008-02-15

>veggie monologue and the c word

I am not sure when this started, but I am not much fond of cooked carrots. I prefer them raw.
There are plenty of other c word veggies I do like -
cauliflower
chard
cucumber
celery

chilli pepper

all of which I recently found on the menu at Adour Alain Ducasse.
And coffee.
(I chose Ethiopian Harrar Longberry at Adour.)

What, did you think coffee beans were grains?
Not legume, either. "Fruit", then, maybe. Okay, seed.


I nominate coffee as the ubiquitous yet mysterious c word of the day. I don't usually allow myself to touch it after 5 pm.
 

"(The Harrar coffees) are grown on small peasant plots and farms in the Eastern part of (Ethiopia) near the old capital of Harrar, at about 5,000 to 6,000 feet. You may see these coffees called longberry Harrar (large bean), shortberry Harrar (smaller bean), or Mocha Harrar (peaberry, or single bean). The Harrar may become Harari, Harer, or Harar." - lucidcafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |